Tuesday, May 7, 2019

Is your emotions controlled by your character or your situation?




Is your emotions controlled by your character or your situation?

I read a story yesterday about a man - - (I know a man who struggled in his marriage for years. He and his wife did not see eye to eye on many issues, and she would not come to church with him. For the longest time this left him feeling down and discouraged, then I saw him awhile back and asked how everything was going. He seemed to be very upbeat. He said, “Everything is great. I’m really enjoying my life.” I thought for sure that he and his wife were getting along better and they had resolved all those issues. But he said,” No, my wife is just the same. We still don’t see eye-to-eye. She still won’t come to church with me.” Then he said something very interesting. “She hasn’t changed, but I’ve changed. I don’t let our differences upset me anymore. I don’t let them steal my joy.”)
.
My reflection from the story –
Identify what upset you, and then make a decision to change your approach in that area. After all being upset will not make the situation any better. Only prayer will.
.
A small pot boils the quickest. You can tell how big a person is by what it takes to get him upset. Be a bigger pot, a.k.a a bigger person.
.
I tell myself I will not let them pull me down. My God is bigger than this. I want to happily seeing my two boys grow up. I have places to go, goals to accomplish, many dreams to realize... I classified them into categories; some of them not even consider a situation at all after much thinking. And throughout the years I have been groom to be bigger, able to cut shorter and shorter the upset time and let not situations, pressure overwhelm me… the fact is think, properly, logically, if I let them overwhelm me, that would have withdraw me from my God-given-destiny, and I choose, I refuse, to allow how I feel to quit doing what God has called me to.

Think. Is your emotions controlled by your character or your situation? 

No comments:

Post a Comment